Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maxiseller

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2005
Little grey, chilly island.
Dude, if you didn't like it why did you contribute to it? It is possible to ignore threads on here you know.

All of this stuff will go away when the C2D MBs are released. Which could as far off as January so I'd brace yourself for a million threads such as this :)

Someone up in Apple's headquarters has their finger on the "release C2D Macbooks" button - browsing through threads like this with evil laughter and ominous organ music lurking in the background...

Apoptosis

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2006
Brisbane, Australia
Someone up in Apple's headquarters has their finger on the "release C2D Macbooks" button - browsing through threads like this with evil laughter and ominous organ music lurking in the background...

Wouldn't surprise me really...Wait till the consumers are literally champing at the bit and then unleash the product. Watch sales sky rocket.

reflex

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2002
I think they should come out today in order to boost sales for Xmas !!! But then u might be wright but then I hope ur wrong like this we could get them today !!!! and all that hard waiting should be paid off !!!

I'm guessing that Macbook sales over the holidays will be just fine with the current models, so there would be no need to update them now. That way Steve can announce new Macbooks in January. What else would he talk about :)

Disclaimer: so far my predictions have been wrong 100% of the time.

Apoptosis

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2006
Brisbane, Australia
I'm guessing that Macbook sales over the holidays will be just fine with the current models, so there would be no need to update them now. That way Steve can announce new Macbooks in January. What else would he talk about :)

Can you predict that they wont come out today then? :p

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
Can you predict that they wont come out today then? :p

lol....good one ;). As a side note, I really don't get those oh-no-not-another-next-tuesday-thread people. This board is called macrumors for crying out loud. If you are only looking for Apple press releases then please feel free not to post. jeez :rolleyes:.

DRewPi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Exactly !!!

lol....good one ;). As a side note, I really don't get those oh-no-not-another-next-tuesday-thread people. This board is called macrumors for crying out loud. If you are only looking for Apple press releases then please feel free not to post. jeez :rolleyes:.

That's a good point for the moaning people !!!! Moan to your self or go look some where else !! :)

DRewPi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Are we in or out of the race for a possible update today ???

Can someone please tell me .. what time is it exactly at SF ..... THX

CHEERS

STILL HOPING THO AS TIME PASSES BY ..... LOL

ImNoSuperMan

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2005

Unfortunately it`ll be correct this time.:p :D :D

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
wake up, dreamers, you are buying a computer, and a computer never stand in the tech front line for more than 6 month. Unless You gonna buy a mac every half a year.

emotion

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2004
Manchester, UK
wake up, dreamers, you are buying a computer, and a computer never stand in the tech front line for more than 6 month. Unless You gonna buy a mac every half a year.

It's more fun watching these things come out than being all miserable about it.

I mean why else would I/you be on a rumour site?

Edit: I get it your machine's about to be replaced by something newer.

kaeptn

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2006
Vienna, Austria

Hi.
Well, if the current modells would be shipping... I'm waiting for mine more than four weeks and my store can't tell me, when they'll get macbooks from apple...

I really hope for MacBooks REALLY, REALLY soon!

Fritz

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005

So you want to tell me that if you are going to buy a Macbook and there is a
slight possibility that a new* one will be released in a couple of days, you will
still buy it anyway?

*upgraded processor
*may be bumped RAM
*fixes to quirks in previous models

IlluminatedSage

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2000
personally, i just don't think that a MB update to Core 2 Duo is necessary.

With the price point and options on the MB, it would be nicer to see a small price drop.

performance gains from C2D just don't matter as much for apple sales on this item, as ... LOWER PRICES for converting more of the PC users.

although it would be nice to see a better integrated graphics chip.

something tells me apple will never put anything nice enough to play games or do graphics on the MB. kinda lame.

mingspace

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2006
personally, i just don't think that a MB update to Core 2 Duo is necessary.

With the price point and options on the MB, it would be nicer to see a small price drop.

performance gains from C2D just don't matter as much for apple sales on this item, as ... LOWER PRICES for converting more of the PC users.

although it would be nice to see a better integrated graphics chip.

something tells me apple will never put anything nice enough to play games or do graphics on the MB. kinda lame.

MB's already has 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL

6 months if you're lucky. It's usually more like 3. And the whole fun is knowing what new products are coming out, not really buying the latest product. I'm just annoyed at all these people bitching about the MacBooks not being updated. Just keep your ****ing pants on and it will happen. Patience is a virtue.

Phishin' it

macrumors member
6 months if you're lucky. It's usually more like 3. And the whole fun is knowing what new products are coming out, not really buying the latest product. I'm just annoyed at all these people bitching about the MacBooks not being updated. Just keep your ****ing pants on and it will happen. Patience is a virtue.

Patience is a virtue, **** patience. I want a macbook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.