new macbooks what version of leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by flir67, Nov 1, 2007.

1. flir67 macrumors 6502

anybook know what version of leopard is on these new macbooks?

anybody got info..

with all these leopard problems i would think it would not be a good idea to put it on them. if they did anybody check to see whats not working on these new machines??? such as disc utility.

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

There is only one version of Leopard 10.5.0 and you will get it. I doubt these machines can even run Tiger on them. I have found Leopard to be very stable on my MacBook. Don't let the number of posts on a forum dissuade you. People who have problems complain, the vast majority of those who do not stay silent.

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

10.5.0 is the ONLY version of Leopard home (not server) on Macs...

4. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

LEOPARD IS AWESOME! I DIDN'T RUN INTO ANY PROBLEMS INSTALLING AND EVERYTHING IS RUNNING FLAWLESSLY. INSTALLED TWICE AND GOT TIME MACHINE TO BACK UP VERY SMOOTHLY. IT'S AMAZING! :D

Although I'm still tryin to figure out the best configuration for the security settings and bittorrent :(

5. flir67 thread starter macrumors 6502

was just wondering if the new macbooks with leopard were different version than the version we bought. I just couldn't see apple putting a os on the new machines that have errors. but I guess its not that big of a deal. at least leopard is out in the wild now.

leopard for me is working great just need the 1 remote app fixed. as I use it all the time.

the firewall is alittle confusing at first but its all good.

6. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

7. zakatov macrumors 6502a

zakatov

8. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

good one:D

9. flir67 thread starter macrumors 6502

LOL, now that was funny

thanks....:D

10. dr_lha macrumors 68000

Actually Apple often ships Macs with a non standard version of the OS. For example I have a recently bought Mac Pro with 10.4.10 installed out of the box and the build number is higher than all my other 10.4.10 macs, presumably due to it shopping with an intermediate version of Tiger. I wouldn't be surprised to see Leopard based macs shipping with a version different to what we currently have from a retail box install.