new macbooks???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by IUBall22, Feb 11, 2008.

1. IUBall22 macrumors 6502

i just bought a macbook. are there expected to be any updates on the macbook soon that are gonna make me regret my purchase?

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

3. Richie Ni macrumors newbie

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

There probably won't be, but the buyers guide would have been a good thing to check before buying.

5. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

ahh, a link is everything

you should be fine, although others have been talking about low macbook supplies in retail.
    even if they are updated, im getting my blackbook tomorrow, and im keeping it no matter what.

6. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

congrats, please share your unboxing pics if you plan to do the ceremony :D

7. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

also, remember this, theres not anything they can add to the macbook at this point in time except the new trackpad

8. weizilla macrumors regular

led backlighting seems possible

9. nfg315 macrumors regular

nfg315

little help

hey everyone, new to the forum, but a reader for a while

i'm semi-new in the advertising industry and so far have been able to get by using a pc and working on mac stations at school and work, but i'm ready to take the plunge and get one

i generally work with images, not so much video, do you think i could make due with a regular macbook or should i step it up to the mbp?

i know there will be a new mbp coming out soon, but i'm hearing everything from tomorrow to the summer, so i don't know what to do...i'm not asking when it will come out, because i know that no one knows, so my question is would it be worth it to wait for the new mbp or should i just get a regular macbook now? price is also a minor issue, though i could probably make it work

thanks

10. Macnator macrumors 6502

congrats! I hope you love yours! I think you will... they are awesome machines.... Enjoy!

11. Everonn macrumors newbie

All other things being equal, it sounds like a regular MacBook would work great for your needs.

I'm waiting myself, because I want a 17" / higher resolution screen and I'd kick myself for buying a machine that was updated a couple of weeks later. Hoping I can get that in a LED version...

- Chris

12. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502

I'll be getting my MacBook next month and could care less about an update. It's Apple, they update there products all the time. I'm happy with the way the MacBooks are right now.