New Macbooks

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by streetlights, Jun 1, 2008.

1. streetlights macrumors newbie

So let's just pretend for the sake of this question that there will be a MacBook case redesign at WWDC. All new MacBooks are now aluminum.

Does anyone know what the availability of the current white plastic MacBooks will be after a new design is released? I know Apple won't sell them, but will places like MacMall still have a stock of new white MacBooks?

I'm asking for my sister, who wants white plastic. I have white plastic and I'm interested in a case redesign, so I could sell her mine when the new ones come out. But I'm not sure if I want to totally commit to be a first gen guinea pig.

Basically, I'm just wondering if white plastic will be available in places other than eBay if aluminum happens on the 9th. And yes, of course no one knows what will actually happen.

2. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Apple would most likely put the unsold white and black ones on clearance as well as still selling them from the refurb. store for a while after that, but updates are unlikely, seeing as there aren't new components available for them at the time of WWDC.

3. chickenninja macrumors 6502

chickenninja

theres always craigslist, and the online apple store has refurbs, sometimes old imacs appear there so i bet youll be able to find an almost new on there, most of apples excess old model macs are sold in bulk to education. if you want to convince her not to get white, tell her that they show dirt and fingerprints more.