New macbooks

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tkiss, Oct 12, 2008.

1. tkiss macrumors regular

I am planning on getting a new macbook, but are they going to be released this tuesday? if so, around what time? and please say something constructive, not just "you can't wait?".
    Thanks in advance
    Tyler

2. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

I'm sorry and I don't want to be rude but there are tons of threads like this. Please use the search button or MRoogle on my signature before creating new threads.. Sorry. Cheers. :apple:

3. mets1125 macrumors regular

The event is at 10 am PST so it really depends if they are going to be released the same day

4. tkiss thread starter macrumors regular

Im on the east coast, so if they are released that day, would they be released like 1-2ish (based on prior releases)?

5. SubZer0 macrumors member

Agreed...lots of posts like this one.

BUT.....It is hard to contain ones enthusiasm isn't it?

6. tkiss thread starter macrumors regular

This is the reason I dont post on here a lot. In the same amount of time you had said this, you could of answered my question and this topic would be over and sink to the bottom.

7. Vivid.Inferno macrumors 6502

Vivid.Inferno

Agreed

8. dr. shdw macrumors 6502a

Or you could just learn to read like everyone else. :rolleyes:

9. NintendoChick macrumors regular

All we know is that Apple Notebooks will be talked about at 10am Pacific time on October 14th. They may or may not be released on that day.

10. deriko100 macrumors 6502

Nobody knows its not like Steve Jobs roams macrumors ( if he did arn would prob be getiing all his info lol) so stop asking.

11. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

So we are suppose to do the research for you?

12. tkiss thread starter macrumors regular

I just asked if anyone knew off of the top of their heads if based on prior releases if the computers are available the same day. Nowhere in there did i ask anyone to do research (and when i did, i found very little info)

13. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

So it's easier + faster to type a whole new thread and wait for responses than to search? As I first stated I don't want to be rude but I'm just encouraging others to follow the forum rules.

14. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

It is highly likely they will be released today; at the very least, what they intend to offer by way of upgrade will probably be discussed later today.

Re exact time, I have no idea whatsoever, although but NintendoChick suggests (probably correctly) that 10am Pacific Time (USA) is the time.

However, my advice, for what it is worth is to wait, even allowing for discussions and upgrades. Inevitably, there will be glitches and other troublesome niggles which will take some time to be addressed and fixed. Wait for that to happen. In the meantime, examine the new models, rwad reviews, and , if that doesn't appeal, go for a refurb, which come with generous discounts and the Apple warranty.
    Cheers

15. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

well, based on the rumors going on right now, there's a chance that they won't be released today. now, i really hope that they are released, since they are having this event and all. we shall see in 6 hours

16. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

Plan to be at an Apple store at the time of the event. They will likely have a few of the new machines, although not always every new configuration.