New MacHeist Software Bundle

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ultranova, Apr 12, 2008.

1. ultranova macrumors newbie

Howdy all,

For those of you who have bought the first two bundles, you already know about MacHeist. For those that don't, here's the scoop:

You can buy 12 great applications at over an 80% discount. The list includes:

iClip - $30 retail
    CoverSutra - $23 retail
    Awaken - $13 retail
    Cha-Ching - $40 retail
    Xslimmer - $12 retail
    WriteRoom - $25 retail
    DEVONthink Personal - $40 retail
    Wallet - $15 retail
    Overflow - $15 retail

and 3 great Pangea games:
    Enigmo - $20 retail
    Nanosaur 2 - $25 retail
    Bugdom 2 - $30 retail

Altogether, well over $250 worth of software for only $49. The offer's good for a month, so get it while it's hot

https://www.macheist.com/

2. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

I already got a bunch of these in the last bundle. Why are they including the same stuff again? :confused: It doesn't make sense for people who've bought before.

3. ultranova thread starter macrumors newbie

This is considered the "best of" bundle. It's not a new MacHeist, like MacHeist III, just a bundle of the best of the first two bundles.

Does that make sense? All I know is that these are really good programs - and though I have most of the apps from the second bundle, I'll still buy it for the apps I missed in the first.

4. rolex54 macrumors 6502

i think iam gonna hold off on this one
    the macupdate promo is coming up on the 16th
    that has some really good stuff in it

5. soms macrumors 6502

soms

I'm goin to pass, not too happy with whats in the pack. About the only thing I would want is wallet/coversutra.

6. brand macrumors 601

brand

I don't really see how it can be considered a "best of" bundle when there have only been two previous bundles. It seems more like a gimmick to milk more money out of the same software that was already offered.

7. ultranova thread starter macrumors newbie

It could be just a holdover until the next MacHeist is released, with new software and such. I know a lot of people regret missing out on some of the programs, and so this would be to get them into the loop.

Also, this bundle is hitting retail stores soon after the internet sales of this are over, which would attract the software purchasers who don't rely on the internet for their software.

8. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

I'm waiting for the MacUpdate promo in a few days. Much better selection this time around.

9. ultranova thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm a little hesitant about the MacUpdate bundle. Yeah, the apps are pretty good, and non-repeats, but the price is kinda steep. Bundles usually sell for the $40-$50 range; MacUpdate's trying something really new here, and I'm not sure how well it will work.

Not to mention, their ad in MacWorld is almost a complete rip-off of the MacHeist ad.