new macintosh plus

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by psypher39, Apr 16, 2009.

1. psypher39 macrumors newbie

i just got a macintosh plus with 1mb ram. but i have no boot disk i also dont have a external HD for it. what i do have is a macbook with osx 10.4 and access to a win xp machine. i need to create a bootable disk some how so that i can use this machine for something other than a beautiful paper weight. i do have a scsi zip drive aswell. any help would be great

2. MTI macrumors 65816

Even with a full set of OS floppies . . . an Imagewriter . . . and the appletalk and ADB cables . . . isn't it still going to be a paperweight?

Contact your local Apple MUG . . . find the oldest guy there, probably still wearing Birkenstocks, driving a VW Van with the rainbow apple decals and a "Think Different" t-shirt . . . and ask to borrow some diskettes. ;)

3. MTI macrumors 65816

I can't wait to hear how the diskettes get formated and the images transferred. :)

4. psypher39 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the link now that i downloaded the 4 files for os 6.0.8 at 800k. any ideas how to get them on to a disk?:confused:

5. MTI macrumors 65816

You might be able to get the job done by attaching a USB floppy drive to your Macbook. OS X should support the floppy format

6. psypher39 thread starter macrumors newbie