New MacPro LineUp for October 2009?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Anto38x, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Anto38x macrumors member

Anto38x

Hi there fellow MacUsers...

I'm looking to upgrade my desktop system after Snow Leopard is released... it's three years old now... my current Mac is a MacPro 3GHz Dual Core with 8GB RAM.... and I'm hoping there will be a refresh of the lineup with a nice speed bump also by the year end.... anyone hear anything about a possible lineup refresh..??

Any comments most welcome... :)

Yours sincerely,
    Anthony MacCarthy
    Irish MacUser & MacAddict

2. kntgsp macrumors 6502a

If anything, it'd be a bump with minimum RAM or slight CPU speed nudge. Nothing major. And I highly doubt it.

3. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

Expect new Quad and Octo models with 3.3GHz processors, 12GB RAM, new graphics cards, USB 3.0 and possibly a price drop across the entire line in the order of 20%...

...sometime around mid 2010. :p

Honestly, nothing new is likely to emerge for the Mac Pro before Q2 of next year.

4. gugucom macrumors 68020

gugucom

at which time Gulftown is released.

5. kntgsp macrumors 6502a

I hope they leapfrog over it to Sandy Bridge, which still has a 2010 release date and Apple gets early access to their hardware. But they can't, since every other manufacturer will no doubt offer Westmere.

I always adopt on the Tock cycle though. New architecture is where the big gains are at, not die shrinks. Although people who can actually utilize the extra two cores they are stuffing into Gulftown may want it.