Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flyingscott

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Michigan
Ok... I'm not a total newbie with mac and computers in general, but I cannot get the one and only super drive to eject... yes, I have hit the eject button, it shows the eject icon in the screen and nothing... how can I get the thing to eject?

mekopolis

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2008
i know nothing about macs as well, so this will completely discredit me, but is there one of those lil paperclip holes to manually eject it, or is there a disk that got offset and jammed in there?

Pronoun

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2008
Ok... I'm not a total newbie with mac and computers in general, but I cannot get the one and only super drive to eject... yes, I have hit the eject button, it shows the eject icon in the screen and nothing... how can I get the thing to eject?

Try restarting the machine with the mouse button pressed and it should open. If not you can slide the metal plate down and see if it has a hole for the paper clip to eject it manually.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Restart the computer and hold down the trackpad button, that will force the drive to eject.
Inside the case is an emergency button, but may be difficult to reach.

TEG

flyingscott

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Michigan
Yeah, restarting while holding the mouse down worked... I think I said... "well fancy that?!?"

Now the eject button works fine... First time is always rough I guess. :)

I'm dying to try this new 8 core and handbrake!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.