Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MAC007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2006
Hey guys and girls, just stumbled onto this site the other day and it is a great site. Here is my question:

I am a college student here in Canada, I have imac G5 unit and I love it. I am currently watching tv via satalite and it is starting to get really pricey. All I really want from the satalite is an option called the center ice package which is the NHL's version of Sunday ticket. Ive mulled around the boards for a way to watch streaming live hockey games like on a program called tvu player. If anyone could answer this you would save me about 75 beans a month on satalite bills. Also if there is a way to do this could you show me how to set it up.
Thanks everyone

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Sadly, you need Windows to run that. Depending on the length of the season, you might buy a cheap PC and have it pay for itself, though: you could go with just about the cheapest PC you can find, as the hardware requirements aren't all that extreme.

linkboy

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2006
I use TVU Player to watch 49ers games that don't get broadcasted at my base in Japan and it worked great.

Would love to see an OS X version, but I can live with it being in Windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.