"New Macs for 2010 are going to take Apple to the next level"

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by sparkie7, Jan 31, 2010.

1. sparkie7 macrumors 68000

sparkie7

- man, i can't wait.

New Mac pros, 30/32" Displays (matte please), MacBook Pros and MacBook Airs..

Hope these releases are sooner rather than later. Please  don't yank our chains with huge price hikes. Thanks :D

2. akadmon macrumors 68010

You may be surprised. Instead of yanking your chain, they might just yank the hydrant away from you, leaving you pissing against the wind :D

3. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Maybe they mean the next level of Mac Pro pricing! $3000+!

4. snouter macrumors 6502a

Being as PCs already have i3, i5 and i7 laptops, $1000 i7 desktops, USB 3 is starting to show up and they've been Blu-Ray capable for a while now... the next level must be something out of this world.

It's not like the ever innovative Apple to merely play catch-up. ;)

They need to get back to iFundmentals.

5. sparkie7 thread starter macrumors 68000

sparkie7

A multi-touch keyboard would be nice. and portrait swivel stands for new displays.

6. 300D macrumors 65816

300D

Well duh its going to be "the next level". It wouldn't be an update if they used the same old hardware like a DVD burner for 9 years, oh wait, they have.

7. Buzz Bumble Guest

Nope, you're all wrong. Apple are "going to the next level" by completely eliminating the slowest, most error-prone, and silliest part of the system ... the user! ;)

8. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Apple Store down

Usually, I feel like "Store down" posts are reserved to iMacs, Mac Minis, and Macbooks, but it does look like the store is indeed down. Since I and many others here are itching for the 2010 Pros, I wonder if this could be it?

Edit: Actually, I'm now guessing this is probably nothing more than the occasional scheduled Sunday night maintenance. :(

9. 300D macrumors 65816

300D

10. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

Oh, here we go again. Typical Apple churching stuff up.:rolleyes:

11. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

12. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

I believe he is talking about the consumer products.

What to expect from the Mac Pro is not harder than looking at Intel's roadmap.

13. Techhie macrumors 65816

Techhie

It better be more than that, at least if they expect to win back some of the pros they lost in recent months.

14. tekboi macrumors 6502a

tekboi

Yea just like the iPad "revolutionalized the industry" right?

sorry, but I'm starting to lose faith in Apple at this point. I don't know how a multi-billion dollar company can NOT listen to their consumers and put out such a poor product like the iPad.

15. ncc1701d macrumors 6502

Store seems find in Hong Kong and USA. What were the changes?

16. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Nothing. It's back up and it seems it was just maintenance.

17. Charlie Croker macrumors member

Charlie Croker

"New Macs for 2010 are going to take Apple to the next level – Blu-Ray software is a mess, and Apple will wait until sales really start to take off before implementing it."

Perhaps Blu-Ray won't be implemented into the Mac in the next update if this is the still the current mood. The problem is that many media professionals, including myself, need Blu-Ray capabilities for our customers. The workaround and restrictions in hardware and software that exists at the moment is limiting. The drive towards streaming and downloads for revenue generation doesn't really help video producers who need all the tools to hand.

18. sparkie7 thread starter macrumors 68000

sparkie7

Touchscreen iMacs?, maybe touchscreen cinema displays? - woah.. Minority Report stuff..

19. parakiet macrumors regular

it's February the first

I bet they will come out with some goodies before December :cool:

20. slughead macrumors 68040

slughead

Yes. The next macs will not function with a keyboard and mouse.

Instead they will just open programs and perform random functions the computer deems "interesting" to show off how awesome macs are. All this will be done Oh-tomatically, as Jobs would say.

21. hajime macrumors 68030

Hopefully it will be next level up rather than the other way.

22. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Why? Every other workstation will get the same. It is no secret.

They could surprise us with an early integration of the Light Peak technology.

23. alFR macrumors 68020

What didn't you like about it when you tried it? Oh, hang on, you're just someone on the internet having a go about something that you haven't used. I see...

24. nanofrog macrumors G4

Yep. All they need to do is update the firmware to incorporate the new microcode. Cheap and easy. For Apple. For the user, the system will be the same otherwise, and have the same issues (direct hardware such as DIMM slot count,..., not necessarly those that are a result of OS X in its current form).

Highly doubtful there will be new features to the hardware IMO, given Apple's lack of interest (i.e. audio thread, where smacman was threatened with the loss of warranty support if he continued to persue the issue, especially outside of Apple). Other users have been given the brush-off. :( :mad:

Parts for LP aren't expected until Q4 2010, so unless Apple waits to release say December 2010 and LP is completely on schedule, not going to happen. :eek: :p

25. snouter macrumors 6502a

For CPUs yes...

but the RAM slots are wack, six 1GB sticks of RAM is wack, no USB3 would be wack, for the money the hard drives should be closer to the largest available, the video card options are wack... the CPU options (at least as priced) were a little wack...