New Magic Accessories: Worth it?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by goosin', Nov 15, 2015.

1. goosin' macrumors member

goosin'

I absolutely love the new Apple Magic Accessories. I think they're a much needed redesign. But are they really worth it?

For my keyboard, I have the old Wireless Keyboard. I got in in 2011 to use with my iPod Touch back in the day. (I know, I was doing it all wrong). After I got sick of using it like that, I used it as a remote for my Apple TV. Now I'm using it for the Mac mini I got earlier this year. Is the new Magic Keyboard worth the upgrade? I can justify the $100 to get it, since I'm sure it'll last me a few years. However, is it really a big improvement over the Wireless Keyboard?

I bought the Magic Mouse a couple months ago, literally a week before the first rumor of Apple releasing a second Magic Mouse. I kept it, thinking it's be quite a few months before it was released. I was wrong. Now I have the "old" one. Is it really worth the $80 to buy a new one? Is the only difference in it wired charging instead if batteries?

I never knew how much I actually liked trackpads until I started using a mouse with OS X. Now I know why Apple is praising their trackpads along with OS X. Should I buy a brand new Magic Trackpad or find a slightly used old on off Ebay or something?

Thanks everyone!

2. havokalien macrumors 6502a

havokalien

They are nice but wired keyboard will wake up your mac faster from sleep and unless you use force touch alot the trackpad is kind of over sensitive.

3. gman36 macrumors regular

I love the new track pad. I use it a lot when I am multitasking and need gestures. The force touch only matters if you want to be consistent with a force touch laptop. Also the larger surface is definitely a plus. Im still using the old keyboard and mouse.