New MagSafe adapter?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by KielderWolf, Oct 15, 2009.

1. KielderWolf macrumors regular

KielderWolf

Hey all

Bit of a funny problem. A few days ago I realised that sometimes my MagSafe wouldn't appear to acknowledge being connected to my MacBook, that is the charge status light did not illuminate. I pulled out the MagSafe and took a look at it, and realised one of the five prongs is stuck in.

As long as I have the MagSafe a certain way up, it works fine, but it's the problems I've had since then that are worrying me; cases where the MagSafe wouldn't work either way up which could only be remedied by banging it against the table; and once yesterday morning when I unplugged the adapter from the mains and accidentally put my thumb across the live and neutral teeth of the plug and got a nasty shock.

Even though it has some life left in it, I think I'm going to get this cable replaced soon for safety. Is there an easy way, outside of standard 12 month warranty, to get Apple to replace the adapter if it is malfunctioning?

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

If you still have Apple Care. Otherwise you'll have to buy one, they are about $90 in New Zealand.

Or you could get some pliers and pry the prong back into place. Not sure if thats too safe though...:(