New Magsafe for Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by morrisman1, Jun 13, 2009.

1. morrisman1 macrumors 6502

i was reading this review and noticed in one of the photos that the magsafe adapter appears slightly different. Does anyone agree with me?

Heres the picture
    [​IMG]

It looks more rounded. Do you think  as updated the magsafe adapter, possibly made it a bit tougher.

2. itisme1760 macrumors 6502

Sorry man, looks the same to me. Get some sleep tonight and wake up tomorrow to see if that makes a difference.

3. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

4. packgrad2000 macrumors regular

They Need to

Of all the hardware problems they need to fix, the Magsafe is certainly one of them. I've had to replace mine (not because it melted though) and plenty of others' have fried theirs. Of all the hardware issues we see on here, I'd say battery (which is different now, thankfully) and Magsafe are two of the most consistent issues we see (other than certain video cards like the Nvidia 8600GT). They replaced the battery, and I'm really surprised the Magsafe hasn't been redesigned yet, given that I believe there's a recall on it (if you have one that's melted or frayed I know Apple replaced it for free).

5. morrisman1 thread starter macrumors 6502

they already fixed it, in the macbook air, but didnt bring that connector to the macbook range. With the macbook air connector it isnt really possible to put huge strain on the cable like it is with the original connector block.

Im still thinking it looks different, the radius of the filleting on the corners looks to be larger than the one on my macbook