Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbobmccoy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
Austin, TX
When connecting to my imap account with gmail, my e-mail is extremely slow. I was getting 800bits/sec speed when sending an e-mail a bit ago, and I can't "get mail", as nothing seems to be coming in, even receiving the e-mail I sent to myself. It's not the 'net connection since I am able to go to any sites I want (even the gmail site) just fine... Anyone have a clue what's going on?

87racer

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2010
Oregon
When connecting to my imap account with gmail, my e-mail is extremely slow. I was getting 800bits/sec speed when sending an e-mail a bit ago, and I can't "get mail", as nothing seems to be coming in, even receiving the e-mail I sent to myself. It's not the 'net connection since I am able to go to any sites I want (even the gmail site) just fine... Anyone have a clue what's going on?

Try just removing and reading the account from mail. Could be an issue with moving the mail database from the old mail.app to the new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.