New MB accessories: keyboard cover, anti-glare

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Tensakun, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Tensakun macrumors 6502

Tensakun

Just wondering, do keyboard covers/protectors of previous MacBooks fit the new ones? Since I live in Japan, I can't just go into a store and try one on my US keyboard. (NOTE: this is not to invite a general debate on their use; i know that some people love 'em, some hate 'em.)

How about the anti-glare film to make a matte-like finish? (I could shave by that display, with it turned off!)

I guess for both these items we'll have to wait for the 3rd party makers to catch up?

2. watergun macrumors regular

The keyboard protector for MacBook Air fits the Alu MacBook with a slight imperfection: the top row (F1...Fn keys) on new MB is shorter than MB Air. Other than that, everything fits well.

Since you live in Japan, you prob can get the PowerSupport anti glare film earlier than most of us. I read from another thread that they are making one for the new MB/MB Pro and will be out in 1 mo time.

3. Tensakun thread starter macrumors 6502

Tensakun

Thanks for the good info. Will wait for the keyboard cover, since this is the type of thing you need a perfect fit for. As for screen, I'm actually getting used to the glossy:eek:

4. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

My MB Air iskin cover fits perfectly on my glassbook keyboard, even the F1 key (I double checked).

Attached Files:

5. tiartrop macrumors regular

Second this.

And to add, I think people are concerned about the latch mechanism but I didn't notice any difference with or without the skin.

I have to yet notice imprints on the screen but I wouldn't be surprised if they appear.