New MB or MBP in WWDC 2008 June 9-13?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by signaturez, Mar 13, 2008.

1. signaturez macrumors member

ANY solid insider news about new Mac in WWDC 2008?

2. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

I would put those thoughs in the "Highly Unlikely" section :)

3. skiesforme macrumors 6502

skiesforme

You just started another potential 400 page thread :p
    My contribution - No, I dont' think there would be a case redesign for any of the notebooks. I see a possibility of Apple announcing a shift to Montevina.

BTW, my Penryn MBP is just about 2 weeks old. ;)

4. Martron macrumors regular

Well there is the rumor of an update to the MB at least in June. I don't know what the WWDC usually showcases and what the difference is between MacWorld and all the other big events they have. If someone could shed some light on what'st he difference between all these and what is usually announced at each maybe it would help discern if a MB or MBP update is likely?

5. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Think more along the lines of the iPhone. WWDC is set around the release of the iPhone apps, and after all it is a developers conference.

6. cthomet macrumors regular

i agree, although i personally believe apple might spice things up a bit and update a notebook or two

7. Val-kyrie macrumors 65816

I agree with you about the lack of a case redesign. I think Apple will wait for Nehalem in Montevina (Jan., 09) before any case redesign because only then will there be a difference in thermal design. However, I would bet that Apple will follow the pattern from its previous pattern when both the MB and MBP were both Core Duo and had very similar specs - they will update the MBP to Montevina in June, 08, and they will update the MB to Montevina with the better X4500 graphics in Oct./Nov., 08, after the "Back-to-School" program has ended. Then a new design in Jan., 09, to distance the MBP again.

However, I am waiting for new Cinema Displays to make an all-in-one laptop-display purchase with Apple Care to cover both. Here's to hoping for new displays (with Display Port) in April or May. :)