New MB Owner

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sheppy1, Aug 21, 2010.

1. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Hi guys, I'm not actually new to Macs or Macbook but I sold my MBA a few days ago and decided to buy an Aluminum Unibody Macbook as I needed the extra connectivity and the better battery life, I actually used to own one of the old white plastic Macbooks a while back but disliked the plastic as it showed up dirt and scratches quite badly. Anyway I should be receiving my new baby early next week, I've actually bought 2 x 2GB sticks of RAM so I can upgrade it from the stock 2GB of RAM that it comes with and I've also bought a brand new battery for it too as the Macbook is actually 2nd hand.

Anyway I just thought I'd introduce my self to this part of the forum, I'm actually on the Mac Rumors forums quite often so you will probably be seeing a lot of me :D

2. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Welcome to the forums! Don't forget, Mroogle can answer most of your questions.

3. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Just thought I'd post a quick update regarding my new Macbook (Main reason being is that I just wanted to find a reason to use it lol) anyway it came today along with my new battery and my 4GB RAM, I also ended up having to buy a new power adapter (Long story, anyway I got all of that and the Macbook for a fair amount less than the current gen white Macbooks. I must say that this thing is an absolute beast compared to my old MBA, I'm honestly shocked just how fast it is and now I'm actually spoiled for choice when it comes to connectivity :D I'm just installing all of my old software on it now and I'm also calibrating this new battery so I will be able to get the most out of it.

Edit: Oh and charging is now a painless thing to do aswell, with the MBA it took around 9 hours to charge the thing and the battery only lasted 3 hours lol, as of posting this my new Macbook has charged from 30% to 68% in around 45 mins :-D

4. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Awesome! :)

Excellent; glad you've had a great experience so far with no real problems ;)