New MB Pro Advice!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by JLH81, May 25, 2016.

1. JLH81 macrumors newbie

Hello!

I currently have a 2009 MB Pro. I like it, but the HD is almost full, and it's running very slowly. I was looking at the new MB Pro's tonight at Best Buy, and am really considering on buying the current model with 256 SSD. Will that be enough HD space if I get an external drive?

Also, I wanted to get all of your opinions on this. Should I just go ahead and get the new MB Pro, or should I hold off and see what the new model that may or may not come out will be like? Will it look much different? I read that it will have a touch ID, and OLED keyboard? I am not sure if I would like that kind of a keyboard. However, if it's going to be so much superior to this current MB Pro, is it worth even upgrading now?

I guess my question is, do I upgrade or wait? I am going to need a MB Pro in the very near future!

Thanks much!

2. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

They said an OLED touch bar, not a keyboard. I think it might be awesome though. Yeah, wait until WWDC at least as it's in not even three weeks.

3. JLH81 thread starter macrumors newbie

Kind of what I was thinking. Didn't know if it would cost twice as much though.

4. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

I don't think it will be too much more expensive, but I am at least expecting the previous models to be sold as well in case that happens.

5. AidenShaw macrumors P6

AidenShaw

My advice would be to ask in the MacBook Pro forum. This is for "Mac Pro" (tower and tube).