New MB Pro - Ext Display flickering

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ajohnson1234, Jun 17, 2010.

1. ajohnson1234 macrumors newbie

I just got a new 13" MB Pro and have connected it via a hdmi to display port adaptor to a 23" Asus LCD display. I've noticed that sometimes the display just keeps flickering i.e. it works for a couple seconds and then goes black and keeps repeating that cycle. Other times it will work fine until I disconnect the computer only to have the flickering start up again when I reconnect it.

What could be the problem?

2. Reapur macrumors regular

Which MDP-HDMI adapter do you have?

3. hajime macrumors 68030

I have this problem. Mine is i7 17". I use VGA rather than HDMI.

4. Reapur macrumors regular

Take it to the Apple store and plug the computer into an external display and see if the problem is there. If it is then get the computer repaired.

5. ajohnson1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm using the following HDMI to MDP converter here

Do you really think its the converter rather than other things such as display drivers?

6. Reapur macrumors regular

Its possible, you spent next to nothing on it. You get what you pay for really.

Try it on another display or your TV. Take it to the Apple store try it on one of their Displays. You have to try some basic troubleshooting not much we can do for you here.

I wouldnt buy what you did, http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Techn...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1276842974&sr=1-1

Thats the one that you should get. Supports audio if your MBP is a mid 2010 model. Solid construction and a brand name.

7. ajohnson1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

wow, got the moshi converter from the apple store and that did the trick.