New MBA Arrives This Week!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by stockcerts, Jul 15, 2013.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I am very excited to be getting my first MacBook. I ordered the 11" with upgraded memory and SSD. I have an iMac at home, but I'll be doing more travel for work, which justifies my purchase (was looking for a reason).

I'm curious about the touchpad on the iMac. Do they reach the same as the touchpads used for an iMac, in regard to the gestures used to create a desired outcome? I saw someoe using the right hand bottom corner of his MBA touchpad to simulate a right lick. On my iMac I tap once on the file, then twice and I get the right click options i.e. move to trash, etc.

So far the only accessory I've ordered is the Viper Hardcase. I'm not sure I'll need much more. I'm going to try the approach of putting all newly created files in my Dropbox, which will then be accessible from my other devices, and be covered by my iMacs Time Machine backup. I'm sure I'll make some adjusting as I get use to having a laptop.

2. ylrd macrumors member

ylrd

The trackpad you use with your iMac was made inspired on the MacBook trackpads, so they'll work in the same way.

This gesture, though, is way easier on a MacBook:

[​IMG]

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

On the MacBook Air, you have three options for how you want to do the right-click. By default, it's a double-finger tap.

[​IMG]

4. stockcerts thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you for the information on the trackpad. I received my new MacBook (pickup at the Apple Store) four days sooner than Apple's original delivery estimate!

I spent some time on it last night, installed MS Office and DropBox, and did some general surfing. All of this while my 27" iMac watched helplessly. :D

I ordered a new Viper Case from Amazon...it should be in by Thursday. I have some work travel coming soon to the UK, and I'm looking forward to traveling with my new MacBook!!