Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

axu539

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 31, 2010
So I'm sure many of you have seen the new rumor up on 9to5 Mac and Apple Insider about the ONFI 3.0 400 Mbps NAND in the new MBAs.

http://9to5mac.com/2011/07/04/rumor...orage-soldered-directly-onto-the-motherboard/

I was wondering what everybody thinks. If this is true, the new MBAs will be ridiculously fast in terms of I/O, and the speeds will be close to that of SATA III. Of course, the sites both express some doubt, since Samsung hasn't adopted the tech yet. I've got my fingers crossed, though, especially since for all we know, Apple is inching away from Samsung due to their legal grips.

islanders

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2006
Charleston, SC
Some time in the future for sure. I enjoy speculating about the potential and what will be on the next refresh, but at the same time no one is complaining about what their Air can't do. It's an ultra portable that is very snappy with everything except graphic intensive apps or games.

The only reason they might refresh soon is for t-bolt.

If they are back in stock at the retailers it could be months. :rolleyes:

axu539

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 31, 2010
Some time in the future for sure. I enjoy speculating about the potential and what will be on the next refresh, but at the same time no one is complaining about what their Air can't do. It's an ultra portable that is very snappy with everything except graphic intensive apps or games.

The only reason they might refresh soon is for t-bolt.

If they are back in stock at the retailers it could be months. :rolleyes:

I don't doubt that Apple will be refreshing the Airs fairly soon, simply because they have probably run out of their supply of C2D chips by now anyway. At the very least, Sandy Bridge and Thunderbolt will happen. I guess we'll see in a couple days what Apple has up its sleeve.

OSMac

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2010
If true would it be the first laptop that has no upgradeable parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.