New MBA goes black

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by trulsdd, May 8, 2014.

1. trulsdd macrumors newbie

Hi!

Got my new MBA two days ago, and since then the screen has gone black three times. I've read in older threads that this might occur because of magnets og mission control, however, my desk is wooden, and I've checked my MC-settings, so that shouldn't be the problem.

It mostly occurs when I'm listening to music in iTunes or YouTube, and I guess also when I'm connected (or trying to connect to) my speakers through bluetooth.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any tips?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Take it back to apple. A new computer should not be exhibiting that sort of issue.

3. Tulani macrumors 6502a

Tulani

:eek:I was rejoicing thinking apple had started producing the black color variation of the MacBook

4. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

5. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

If it's new and therefore within warranty; I wouldn't even bother trying to troubleshoot... Go to Apple!

6. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Back to Apple you go! Something wrong and you should not have to deal with it. Store will swap it for another one.

7. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

Yeah, take it back. It's a common issue and not caused by magnets. I'm actually shocked that Apple hasn't fixed it yet, even with new processors - I was assuming that it was a hardware problem related to the HD5000 graphics that they would have fixed in the update.