Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trulsdd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2014
Hi!

Got my new MBA two days ago, and since then the screen has gone black three times. I've read in older threads that this might occur because of magnets og mission control, however, my desk is wooden, and I've checked my MC-settings, so that shouldn't be the problem.

It mostly occurs when I'm listening to music in iTunes or YouTube, and I guess also when I'm connected (or trying to connect to) my speakers through bluetooth.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any tips?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Take it back to apple. A new computer should not be exhibiting that sort of issue.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2012
:eek:I was rejoicing thinking apple had started producing the black color variation of the MacBook

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
If it's new and therefore within warranty; I wouldn't even bother trying to troubleshoot... Go to Apple!

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Back to Apple you go! Something wrong and you should not have to deal with it. Store will swap it for another one.

filmbuff

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
Yeah, take it back. It's a common issue and not caused by magnets. I'm actually shocked that Apple hasn't fixed it yet, even with new processors - I was assuming that it was a hardware problem related to the HD5000 graphics that they would have fixed in the update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.