New MBA i7, where is iWeb?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by MacDaddy24, Jul 26, 2011.

1. MacDaddy24 macrumors newbie

Hey I just purchased the new MBA and I am trying to make a basic website for my company on iWeb, but for some reason I cannot find it. Does it not come with it? It came free on my 2009 MBP.

Please help. Thanks.

2. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

I think Apple discontinued iWeb and iDVD, or at least I thought I read that somewhere.

3. MacDaddy24 thread starter macrumors newbie

really? Wow thats a burn. I wonder why they would remove iWeb. Do you have any suggestions for alternatives?

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

5. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

6. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

You can still install it if you have an iLife DVD. Although I'm sure the support will fade away in the coming months.

7. erasr macrumors 6502

Whaaaaat?! Discontinued iWeb?? I use it all the time on my mbp and was about to get an Air soon thinking I'd be using it on that too. I think iWeb can produce decent looking sites!

Other than rapid weaver and dreamweaver are there any other programs anyone could recommend? I have a strong flair for high design quality so I want something that's easy to use but offers nice results.

8. MacDaddy24 thread starter macrumors newbie

RapidWeaver is 80 bucks on the AppStore. =[ And I'm reading some poor reviews on it. I can't believe they would discontinue it! :confused: