New MBA not automatically connecting to preferred network

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by camhabib, Mar 6, 2011.

1. camhabib macrumors regular

May 29, 2008
    I'm having an issue with my new MBA 11" running 10.6.6. When starting the computer from shut down or standby, the computer won't automatically connect to a preferred network. Password is stored, Mac Pro and MacBook Pro both connect fine to same router (Linksys) on startup, and once the MBA is connected, it works perfectly. I typically have to select the network by hand, either through the Airport drop down menu, or if it happens to bring up the network select menu. If I put the computer to sleep for a short duration (<1 minute) it connects fine, but any longer, it has this issue. Reset PRAM, wiped the preference files, and tried playing around a bit with the router settings. Only out of the ordinary thing I've done is change my home directory name (shortname) as I accidentally typed the wrong one when first setting up my computer. Any suggestions?
  2. navarretemarce macrumors newbie

Jan 23, 2012
    The end of the world (for real)
  3. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Oct 5, 2011
    Orange County, California USA
    I begun to start having issues the past 24 hours with my 3 month old MBA not connecting to wifi/router. I tried both Safari and Chrome and it would connect, then search for wifi connection, then freeze. The blue bar on the web bar would stall 1/4th of the way and freeze. I later, troubleshooted by resetting the router. Now, everything works fine.

Not sure if this is the same problem as yours. I began to freak out a little as I have 72hours to still return or exchange mine. It looks as if everything is back to normal, I hope.