New MBA or wait for Retina 13"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by sammyman, Jun 12, 2012.

  1. sammyman macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2005
    #1
    I have a late 2010 MBA and I love it. One thing that bugs is the 64gb hard drive and the battery life. Not sure if the 2012 mba has a better battery life.

    Anyway, I am considering getting a new MBA or waiting until they change the body on the mac book pro (guessing next revision). I am a power user, but do my heavy lifting on a Mac Pro. The air is great for traveling.

    I'm thinking of replacing my mba with either a new one, or waiting for the retina body style to trickle down to the 13" mac book pro.

    Anyone in the same shoes as me?
     
  2. rygamble macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2012
    #2
    Just get the Air now. You'll probably be waiting a year on the 13" Retina, and if it does come out sooner, it will have a premium price tag. The base Air already outperforms the Late 2011 MBP 13". It's a great computer, and I really doubt the Retina 13" is going to be worth not having the Air now.
     
  3. number9 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2004
    Location:
    USA
    #3
    Same advice I give my friends and family, and same advice I've seen other people give- if you need a new computer now, get whatever Apple released yesterday. You won't be disappointed. If you don't need a new computer and can wait 3, 6, 12 months, then wait for the Retina display to trickle down to the Air or for the next-gen Pro design to trickle down to a 13-inch Pro.
     
  4. KylePowers macrumors 68000

    KylePowers

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2011
    #4
    Waiting for the 13in Retina myself.

    No rush, so it's okay. Just have to distract myself from the wait somehow :p
     
  5. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2007

Share This Page