NEW MBA RELEASE THIS WEEK?? :O Should i sell my mba?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by bk123, Jul 4, 2011.

  1. bk123 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2011
    #1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHk35Xu4ync
    Skip 2 ..... 8:20

    They claim that it should release this week, now the thing is I want to sell my mba which is 3 months old asap so I can get most of my $$ back..

    What do you guys think?
    Wil they release this week?

    Or at least will they release THIS month for sure?
    My MBA is my only laptop I have and can live without it for up2 7 days just want to make sure they release a new MBA though...

    Don't want to sell my mba and find out apple is only releasing OSX Lion (Doubt it)

    Thanks
     
  2. axu539 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2010
    #3
    This has been discussed to death in this thread already.

    Seriously though, nobody knows. I can't understand why people come to a rumors site and expect someone to know concrete information about a super secretive company. It's just not likely.

    About your question though, I personally sold my MBA last week just in case new ones were coming. If you do plan to upgrade, you might as well sell now, before the new ones come out, as that will greatly reduce your resale value.
     
  3. bk123 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2011
    #4
    mine will be up on ebay in about 15min lo.l (I'm serious)
    and sorry didn't notice other thread
     
  4. Kaybree Lady macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2011
    #5
    I sold my 13" 128GB for about a grand if that helps you. This was a few weeks ago, I assume ebay is saturated with MBAs by now.
     
  5. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2010
    #6
    I'll be surprised if TechnoBuffalo is right. I don't think he has any real sources. I bet is sources are MacRumors. :rolleyes:
     
  6. Duke15 macrumors 6502

    Duke15

    Joined:
    May 18, 2011
    Location:
    Canada
    #7
    Ya i highly doubt it, theres still issues/bugs with the GM and the staff have not been trained nor have there been rumors of them being trained, also we usually hear a rumor right before it comes out, and again there's nothing
     
  7. Young Spade macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2011
    Location:
    Tallahassee, Florida
    #8
    It's probably going to be the middle of July; but whoever posted about eBay and MBAs is right, it's saturated. Of course, this is good for people who are looking for a used Air at a low price; I'm planning to sell my MB now, wait a few weeks or a little while after the new Airs are out and if they aren't that much better, get a used C2D one for cheap.

    If you have the current Air now, I'd keep it and wait. Aside from the SNB processor, I don't think the extra enhancements it has (of course, depending on what they are and what you need) would be worth the money lost.
     
  8. iphoneblack macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 21, 2008
    #9
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/9A5248d Safari/6533.18.5)

    How much u trying to save? $100?
    You might as well buy AAPL shares and apply a credit card for the MBA!!
     
  9. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

    leftywamumonkey

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
    Location:
    California
    #10
    +1

    Yup, TechnoBuffalo has no credibility. Their sources are other online forums and blogs.
     
  10. bk123 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2011
    #11
    yikes =(
    My MBA is already on ebay.. posted it as soon as i heard the rumor..
    Current price of my MBA is $750 with 17hrs remain....
    Hopefully I didn't make a mistake by letting this one go...
    Im a college student that maybe laptop less for while if they don't release quick
     
  11. astrofaes macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2008
    #12
    Not saying this is the right thing to do, but you could end the auction early so you can keep the laptop.
     
  12. johneaston macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2010
    #13
    Interesting video - the fact they talk about it in a 'by the way' manner makes me think they're telling the truth.

    Here's hoping. Fingers crossed.
     
  13. johneaston macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2010
    #14
    This has always been my yardstick for Mac stocks - Johnlewis.com is out of stock of two MBA models and has only 1 of the 11" 64GB model.
     
  14. endhalf macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 24, 2011
    #15
    Well, there are no new MBA today, so I think this wasn't true after all :).
     
  15. bk123 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2011
    #16
    pretty sure they probably announce sometime during rthe day, and they said sometime this week lol :p
     
  16. astrofaes macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2008
    #17
    I wouldn't get your hopes up because even if OSX Lion GM is ready for public release, it will take at least a week to flash the MBA SSDs with Lion.

    Also, Best Buy, Amazon and all the other sellers who were supposedly running low on stock have had new deliveries of the old model so I think we have at least another 2 weeks of waiting left.
     
  17. axu539 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2010
    #18
    I agree with your first point, but do you have evidence of the 2nd one (regarding the restocking)?
     
  18. astrofaes macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2008
    #19
    My evidence is anecodal I suppose, but last week the Best Buy & Amazon US/UK websites were either sold out or down to their last 1-2 items of both 11/13" models. This is when the rumours started flying about that a refresh was coming.

    A quick check on the same websites now shows they are fully stocked up (no warning that there are only 1-2 left in stock):
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=macbook+air&x=0&y=0

    Who knows what to believe any more. :confused:

    I've tried not to think about it too much by limiting the time I'm spending scouring the Apple news sites for crumbs of information :)
     
  19. endhalf macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 24, 2011
    #20
    I think day or two before Apple starts selling new MBAs there will be rumor from empolyee of apple store... I'm not convinced that new MBAs will be here sooner than 19th...
     
  20. jamesryanbell macrumors 68020

    jamesryanbell

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2009
    #21
    Isn't there supposed to be some big thing happening tomorrow?
     
  21. MBABuyer macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 4, 2011
    Location:
    VA
    #22
  22. bk123 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2011
    #23
    dam =(
    I just sold my MBA.
    256GB 2GB ram 1.86...

    Basiclly mint but small dent on a corner..

    $960 paypal directly.. $15 shipping so about - paypal fees..

    About $920 once it reaches my bank =(

    Wow thats really low...
     
  23. axu539 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2010
    #24
    Why didn't you set a higher reserve? or CL? I sold my 11"/1.4GHz/64GB/4GB for $850, so I'm sure you could've gotten more...
     
  24. tungo529 macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 11, 2010
    #25
    That royally sucks! I sold my GF basically same spec'd Air as yours with the exception of 4GB RAM and it had applecare which I purchased for nearly as much as I paid for it. Bought it for around $2000 and sold it for $1850 including the external superdrive, which was still sealed. Granted I did this about 2 weeks ago in anticipation of the new Air.
     

Share This Page