Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bk123

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHk35Xu4ync
Skip 2 ..... 8:20

They claim that it should release this week, now the thing is I want to sell my mba which is 3 months old asap so I can get most of my $$ back..

What do you guys think?
Wil they release this week?

Or at least will they release THIS month for sure?
My MBA is my only laptop I have and can live without it for up2 7 days just want to make sure they release a new MBA though...

Don't want to sell my mba and find out apple is only releasing OSX Lion (Doubt it)

Thanks

axu539

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2010
This has been discussed to death in this thread already.

Seriously though, nobody knows. I can't understand why people come to a rumors site and expect someone to know concrete information about a super secretive company. It's just not likely.

About your question though, I personally sold my MBA last week just in case new ones were coming. If you do plan to upgrade, you might as well sell now, before the new ones come out, as that will greatly reduce your resale value.

bk123

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2011
mine will be up on ebay in about 15min lo.l (I'm serious)
and sorry didn't notice other thread

Kaybree Lady

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2011
I sold my 13" 128GB for about a grand if that helps you. This was a few weeks ago, I assume ebay is saturated with MBAs by now.

Apple Expert

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
I'll be surprised if TechnoBuffalo is right. I don't think he has any real sources. I bet is sources are MacRumors. :rolleyes:

Duke15

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2011
Canada
Ya i highly doubt it, theres still issues/bugs with the GM and the staff have not been trained nor have there been rumors of them being trained, also we usually hear a rumor right before it comes out, and again there's nothing

Young Spade

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
It's probably going to be the middle of July; but whoever posted about eBay and MBAs is right, it's saturated. Of course, this is good for people who are looking for a used Air at a low price; I'm planning to sell my MB now, wait a few weeks or a little while after the new Airs are out and if they aren't that much better, get a used C2D one for cheap.

If you have the current Air now, I'd keep it and wait. Aside from the SNB processor, I don't think the extra enhancements it has (of course, depending on what they are and what you need) would be worth the money lost.

iphoneblack

macrumors member
May 21, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/9A5248d Safari/6533.18.5)

How much u trying to save? $100?
You might as well buy AAPL shares and apply a credit card for the MBA!!

bk123

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2011
yikes =(
My MBA is already on ebay.. posted it as soon as i heard the rumor..
Current price of my MBA is $750 with 17hrs remain....
Hopefully I didn't make a mistake by letting this one go...
Im a college student that maybe laptop less for while if they don't release quick

astrofaes

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2008
yikes =(
My MBA is already on ebay.. posted it as soon as i heard the rumor..
Current price of my MBA is $750 with 17hrs remain....
Hopefully I didn't make a mistake by letting this one go...
Im a college student that maybe laptop less for while if they don't release quick

Not saying this is the right thing to do, but you could end the auction early so you can keep the laptop.

johneaston

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2010
Interesting video - the fact they talk about it in a 'by the way' manner makes me think they're telling the truth.

Here's hoping. Fingers crossed.

johneaston

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2010
This has always been my yardstick for Mac stocks - Johnlewis.com is out of stock of two MBA models and has only 1 of the 11" 64GB model.

bk123

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2011
pretty sure they probably announce sometime during rthe day, and they said sometime this week lol :p

astrofaes

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2008
pretty sure they probably announce sometime during rthe day, and they said sometime this week lol :p

I wouldn't get your hopes up because even if OSX Lion GM is ready for public release, it will take at least a week to flash the MBA SSDs with Lion.

Also, Best Buy, Amazon and all the other sellers who were supposedly running low on stock have had new deliveries of the old model so I think we have at least another 2 weeks of waiting left.

axu539

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2010
I wouldn't get your hopes up because even if OSX Lion GM is ready for public release, it will take at least a week to flash the MBA SSDs with Lion.

Also, Best Buy, Amazon and all the other sellers who were supposedly running low on stock have had new deliveries of the old model so I think we have at least another 2 weeks of waiting left.

I agree with your first point, but do you have evidence of the 2nd one (regarding the restocking)?

astrofaes

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2008
I agree with your first point, but do you have evidence of the 2nd one (regarding the restocking)?

My evidence is anecodal I suppose, but last week the Best Buy & Amazon US/UK websites were either sold out or down to their last 1-2 items of both 11/13" models. This is when the rumours started flying about that a refresh was coming.

A quick check on the same websites now shows they are fully stocked up (no warning that there are only 1-2 left in stock):
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=macbook+air&x=0&y=0

Who knows what to believe any more. :confused:

I've tried not to think about it too much by limiting the time I'm spending scouring the Apple news sites for crumbs of information :)

endhalf

macrumors regular
May 24, 2011
I think day or two before Apple starts selling new MBAs there will be rumor from empolyee of apple store... I'm not convinced that new MBAs will be here sooner than 19th...

bk123

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2011
dam =(
I just sold my MBA.
256GB 2GB ram 1.86...

Basiclly mint but small dent on a corner..

$960 paypal directly.. $15 shipping so about - paypal fees..

About $920 once it reaches my bank =(

Wow thats really low...

axu539

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2010
dam =(
I just sold my MBA.
256GB 2GB ram 1.86...

Wow thats really low...

Why didn't you set a higher reserve? or CL? I sold my 11"/1.4GHz/64GB/4GB for $850, so I'm sure you could've gotten more...

tungo529

macrumors member
May 11, 2010
dam =(
I just sold my MBA.
256GB 2GB ram 1.86...

Wow thats really low...

That royally sucks! I sold my GF basically same spec'd Air as yours with the exception of 4GB RAM and it had applecare which I purchased for nearly as much as I paid for it. Bought it for around $2000 and sold it for $1850 including the external superdrive, which was still sealed. Granted I did this about 2 weeks ago in anticipation of the new Air.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.