New MBA vs. rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by legaleye3000, Jun 22, 2013.

1. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

I'm looking for either the new MBA or base rMBP. The only game I play is Command and Conquer. I don't do video or photo editing. I just use it for work (Office) and internet. Screen glare is important (is retina better on glare too?). I'll use it for traveling, but I think the rMBP is skinny/light enough eventhough the MBA would be better.

I am coming from an early 08 MBP. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. falconeight Guest

falconeight

3. HiDEF macrumors 68000

HiDEF

You can go with rMBP but they might be updated sooner rather than later; maybe Q3. So if I was you, go with what's the latest in technology until further notice. Pick the MBA that suits you and enjoy it. You can always sell it and upgrade to the latest rMBP.

4. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

Will the dual-core i7 on the MBA vs. the quad-core on the rMBP and the gpu make a big difference on just Office, internet, and maybe an occasional game like the latest Command and Conquer?

Thanks.

5. scarred macrumors 6502a

The retina screen is better with glare. Obviously the colours on the retina screen are also much more vibrant and the text is super clear.

With that said, a properly calibrated macbook air screen is still quite nice. But ignorance is bliss here... don't set them side by side if your own the air. =)