New MBA waiting for Lion

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by housecat, Jun 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. housecat macrumors newbie

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...oductions_until_release_of_mac_os_x_lion.html

so the question is, will lion be released in early mid or late july. let the predictions begin.

2. 42streetsdown macrumors 6502a

42streetsdown

i don't think they'll be waiting to release the Airs with lion. Lion is gonna be distributed be the App Store.

3. housecat thread starter macrumors newbie

4. nizmoz macrumors 65816

5. pollaxe macrumors 6502

pollaxe

On the plus side, it should mean there are plenty to go around when they are released....

6. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

This might also boost Lion sales.

I for one was going to buy a new MacBook Air once it came out. I'd be automatically available to update to Lion once it came out. If they release Lion on a flash drive and installed in my MBA, then I doubt I'll get it via the Mac App store. That'll force me to buy it for 30 bucks for my old MacBook Pro, which I would have otherwise installed Lion on for free. Sure, this isn't the only reason they're delaying, but it'll up their bottom line and Lion sales (since I'll have to buy it anyway now).

7. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

For those interesting in iPhones, it doesn't sound like iPhone 4S/5 will be launched until iOS 5 is ready.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.