New MBP 13'' (2010) keyboard marks on screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chulsupark, May 26, 2010.

1. chulsupark macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm new to MBP 13'' (2010), just 3 weeks now, and it's my first laptop, so I don't know if this is just normal or not.

I have noticed there are several marks on screen appears to be from keyboard edges, say where the "E" key supposed to meet the screen. Looks like small spot scratches, but fortunately they came off when I clean them with damped cloth. It came back after I use and close/open the lid, same spots I think. New MBP design looks like the keys should not touch the screen, but it appears to be keep touching while lid is closed? What about yours, can you see marks when the screen is turned off?
    Or I may need to worry about screen protection? (if I do cleaning often the same spots I guess it may scratch eventually?)

2. damnyooneek macrumors 6502

3. Pixellated macrumors 65816

The keyboard is sunk into the topcase so it should definitely never touch the screen. It may be the result of pressure on the lid (i.e. in a messenger bag with other books).

4. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

The keys on my late 08 have always touched the screen, leaving some dust and oil marks behind. They just wipe off.

5. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

My keyboard doesn't touch the screen, but all the same, I use a ShaggyMac microfiber cloth to go between the two. They last forever and seem to work really well at cleaning the screen, trackpad, and keyboard. You might try that.

6. gri macrumors 6502a

gri

I use the protector that was lying in the book when it came out of the box. Most people dump it but its perfect for the task. Or you can buy a protector fiber cloth.

7. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

the keys are sunk in. they shouldn't touch the screen at all.

8. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

+1 It seems to work well!