New MBP 13.3 Shipped from Middletown, PA

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JOHNGAETANO, Jun 11, 2009.

1. JOHNGAETANO macrumors regular

JOHNGAETANO

Good news for me. My new MBP 13.3 just shipped from Middletown, PA. I live in Ohio, so I might be fortunate enough to get it tomorrow.

:)

Keeping fingers crossed!

2. UrFatMom macrumors regular

Nice for you. I just bought a 13" also... I can't wait to get the free iPod (laptop is for the GF)

I'm waiting for next iMac update, hoping for nice GPU on a 20" with cheaper SSDs.

Xmas maybe?

3. JOHNGAETANO thread starter macrumors regular

JOHNGAETANO

Darn FED Ex now says it takes two days to ship from PA to Ohio? Estimated Delivery Monday. :(

4. iSchule macrumors member

I just bought one last night! Mine shipped from there as well, i live near buffalo NY so i may be here tomorrow! For my birthday! :apple:

5. ddeadserious macrumors 6502a

ddeadserious

The Apple Stores here in Michigan have them in stock, bought mine last night. I'm wayyyy to impatient to wait for it to ship, and risk maybe not being home.:cool:

6. the_mole1314 macrumors 6502a

SAME with me. Mine shipped from Middletown and I'm in Dayton and it says Friday. I can always hope for a surprise delivery though.... :eek:

7. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

Apple gave me free got it yesterday, mine shipped from Tenn.

8. JOHNGAETANO thread starter macrumors regular

JOHNGAETANO

Mole,

When did your MacBook ship, Wed, or Thursday?

9. the_mole1314 macrumors 6502a

Today.

10. Karpfish macrumors 6502a

Karpfish

Fedex decided to hold mine an hour away from my house for a full day. it has been sitting in newark,nj since 11:15 last night, it should have been here today. WTF, I think they're trying to mess with me.

11. Zildjian26 macrumors newbie

FedEx is Retarded!

I ordered a 13" MBP, chose 2-3 shipping (no option for overnight), and it shipped on Wednesday 6/10 from Middletown, PA, delivering to southern NJ (very southern) with a delivery date of Friday 6/12. It left Middletown in the evening on 6/10, headed to Newark, NJ (that's northern jersey, near NYC). It left Newark on 6/11 in the afternoon headed to Linwood, PA, near Philadelphia, and it's there as of the evening of 6/11. I assume overnight 6/11-6/12 it will travel to a local sort facility near my town, and go out on a delivery truck for delivery on Friday 6/12. If you go to Google Maps and look at that string of cities my MBP has traveled through, you'll agree that FedEx is retarded.

The real kicker is that I looked up FedEx's transit times, and Ground service is next business day delivery from Middletown, PA to me in Jersey. You would think that 2-day service, which costs more, would be the same, but FedEx disagrees, and decides to cart your package all over the region for a couple days before delivering it. This probably has to do with how FedEx runs two fleets of delivery trucks, one for Ground and another for expedited services, unlike UPS that delivers all service types off of the same trucks. Theoretically if I had stuck with the free Ground shipping from Apple, I'd be typing this on my new MBP, or actually I guess I wouldn't because there would be no story to tell, but anyway...

So all you guys/gals that are thinking you'll get yours a day early since the origin is so close to your town, think again.

Oh, and Apple, if you're reading this, how about offering UPS shipping?

12. Skydiver32 macrumors member

13. tsa1 macrumors regular

Applemay have strategically placed stock on both coasts for faster shipping! That sucks for ppl getting theirs from china.

14. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

Happy Birthday! :D

15. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Haha. Happy birthday too!