New MBP 13.3 - Trackpad Woes

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tartanmartin123, Jun 25, 2010.

1. tartanmartin123 macrumors newbie

Hello guys, I'm new to the forum because I need some advice.....

I recently sold my iMac G5 and got the most recent 13.3 MBP; firstly I'd like to say its an amazing machine, looks great, quiet, battery lasts a long time and it's so much quicker than I was used to. Unfortunately, I am finding it very frustrating to use at times.......

When using the trackpad, out of nowhere I will lose control of the cursor and it will start darting across the screen completely randomly and will continue to do so indefinitely. To stop it, I have to close it, let it sleep and open again. To prevent accidental multi-touching, I use only one finger but it still does it. I have found it even worse when the computer is multi-tasking e.g. using internet and backing up iPhone.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions? I have the most recent OS and have booked myself into the Apple Store to discuss tomorrow.

This really is tainting my experience and I would appreciate some feedback.

Many thanks

Martin

2. johnnymg macrumors 65816

johnnymg

Take it to the Apple store for repair/replacement.

3. sup3r1or macrumors regular

I have never had this issue, but I do have my own with my trackpad. Sometimes it does not respond on a tap, quite often actually. Also sometimes my cursor disappears for like 20 seconds. Try making a fresh install of OSX apply 10.6.4 update, if that doesn't solve it get to the shop fast.

4. tartanmartin123 thread starter macrumors newbie

I took it to the Apple Store on Saturday but because its intermittent, it obviously didn't do it when I was there! Fortunately, they have offered to replace the complete touchpad unit, just waiting on the part coming into stock.

Interestingly, he said the three people he had dealt with prior to me were all touchpad related problems......

5. Gallium macrumors newbie