Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

urbis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2013
Leeds, UK
Hello,

I took delivery of a brand new MBP 13" base model last week, direct from Apple.

I installed my apps, one of which is battery health, and as I've checked it over the last few days, it's gone from 100% when new, to now sitting at 95%.

Bare in mind, the laptop has now 5 charge cycles on, so I wouldn't have expected this to move.

Is this normal, or do I potentially have a defective battery?

Many thanks.

nickandre21

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2012
well you could try callibrating your battery if need be bbut i guess it doesnt make much of a difference on the new batteries just simply use it of the battery till 5% and then charge back a few more times and it will settle to a better % incase it still keeps going down then take it in for a diagnosis.
the last two macbooks i had on the first 10 charges it would fluctuate from 92%-100% my current retina which is at 7 battery cycles is at 100%

urbis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2013
Leeds, UK
return it asap I think a MacBook air will be better for you

I previously had a MBA, I'm more than happy with the MBP.

----------

well you could try callibrating your battery if need be bbut i guess it doesnt make much of a difference on the new batteries just simply use it of the battery till 5% and then charge back a few more times and it will settle to a better % incase it still keeps going down then take it in for a diagnosis.
the last two macbooks i had on the first 10 charges it would fluctuate from 92%-100% my current retina which is at 7 battery cycles is at 100%

Thanks for that, I'll see how it goes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.