New MBP 13' can not control Screen Brightness on Windows 7

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KeeeeenW, Jun 24, 2009.

1. KeeeeenW macrumors member

KeeeeenW

I don't know if anyone posted this issue before. I can not control screen Brightness on my MBP 13'. I tried my F1 and F2 key and the Nvidia Control Panel, either of them is working.

I installed all the drivers from the CD and it can actually show the icon in the center(bottom) of the screen when I hit the F1 or F2 Key. However, the brightness adjust does not work,the screen stay the same.

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

You need to install the drivers from your install disc. After all the drivers are installed you will then be able to control the brightness with the F1 and F2 keys.

3. KeeeeenW thread starter macrumors member

KeeeeenW

I installed all the drivers from the CD and it can actually show the icon in the center(bottom) of the screen when I hit the F1 or F2 Key. However, the brightness adjust does not work,the screen stay the same.

4. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

5. koxjdtc macrumors newbie

6. crzdmniac macrumors regular

I've installed the 32-bit version and the 64-bit version on my June 13" MBP and everything works fine. The only "issue" is that the headphone jack has the red light coming out of it, and it's a bit too quiet sound wise. You may want to try reinstalling the drivers. I had to manually install the nvidia drivers.

7. noespam macrumors newbie

download and install latest nvidia drivers. had same issue.

8. shadie macrumors member

I had the same issue, I did install the drivers from the DVD but gave up and installed XP.

I did google for a resolution but it was not worth the effort in my case, XP works just fine.

The screen was blinding bright, the brightness OSD worked ok, just no adjustment.

(May'09 MacBook 2.4G)

9. KeeeeenW thread starter macrumors member

KeeeeenW

I also had the red light...My sound is really low also!

10. reallynotnick macrumors 6502a

The first time I booted into Windows 7 it worked just fine now it doesn't work for me either.

Also my backlit keys stay on all the time. And yes I have installed the drivers and the Nvidia update.

11. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

OP, are you using 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 7? If you're using 64-bit then you need the 64-bit drivers from nVidia and 64-bit drivers for your audio which will fix the low sound you're experiencing.

12. wall2006 macrumors newbie

I got the same problem, and had it fixed! ;)

Setup: MBP 13" + Windows 7 RC1 64-bit

- After installing windows 7, I run the setup from Mac OS X disc and it seemed that all drivers were installed. After that, the display brightness can be controlled by F1/F2.
    - Then windows update detected a newer driver for the video card, and I accepted the auto-install; after that, the control is broken.
    - As suggested by another user, I went to NVidia support website and installed the latest 64-bit driver, and it is working again !!

The downloaded file from NVidia is called: 186.03_notebook_win7_64bit_international_whql.exe