Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkdss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
I just got my MBP 13" 2009, tossed Vista through bootcamp on it.

When I boot into Vista, in the center of the base of the laptop it gets DAMN HOT. I'm talking like hot hells of fire. You will burn yourself if you leave your hand there.

Is this normal? Is there some issue with bootcamp and vista? I feel like the computer is melting from the inside...:eek:

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Unfortunately it can get hot
There are some threads around here about fan solutions under Windows

You can use MRoogle to search for them

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

darkdss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
Thanks ill look into those key words.

DO you guys know if it will still run hot if I use parallels? Assuming i can get the damn thing to work.

w00t951

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
For some odd reason, the fans just speed up while Vista is at the login screen. Do you think that this is due to a lack of proper drivers, or just Windows? Because the computer actually does get hot.

rkrskr

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2008
You can use smcfancontrol to set the fan speed before you reboot into Vista.

Frosties

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2009
Sweden
For some odd reason, the fans just speed up while Vista is at the login screen. Do you think that this is due to a lack of proper drivers, or just Windows? Because the computer actually does get hot.

Lack of proper drivers. I can also add that if you contact Apple regarding this heat issue in bootcamp, for example if you want to use CAD software in windows they take NO support at all. This is the official response from Apple support. This is why bootcamp is still not functional as I see it. Apple is not interested enough to take time and money programming good drivers for boot camp on their own hardware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.