New MBP 13" iSight specs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by naked, Jun 3, 2010.

1. naked macrumors member

I'm crossing over from the Linux dark side, and I'm excited to experience Apple and OS X. I just ordered a new 13" MBP, and was digging around Apple's site trying to see what the specs were for the built in iSight camera?

Max photo res?
    Max video res at what framerates?

How does it handle dim lighting?

Autofocus?

Anything else I need to know about? Maybe I just missed the page @ Apple that describes all these details.

If the iSight isn't all that awesome, what are some other high quality webcams that people are using? I'd like at least 720p @ 30fps?

Thanks!

2. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

1.3 megapixels, 24 fps?, doesn't handle dim lighting well, no autofocus, and you aren't going to get 720 out of your iSight.

3. TRUCRACKER macrumors 6502

TRUCRACKER

Wow I didn't know it was that bad.

4. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

According to wikipedia,

"With the LED-Backlit MacBook Pros, Apple has moved to using a sensor capable of 1280x1024 pixels, but when accessed using provided APIs, the image is re-sampled to 640x480 pixels. However, Quartz Composer allows access to the 1280x1024 pixel video stream."

Nothing about the FPS and focus. I think it's on the hyperfocal distance of the lens (I.E., everything from a certain point to infinity in focus".