New MBP 13", Now What?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Demarrer, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Demarrer macrumors member

So I just bought the 13" Macbook Pro for school and so far I am thrilled to have it. I just have a few questions for you mac owners.

I bought iWork for school, but is there any other programs that I would need or would just be good to have?

Also, this thing feels like it is built like a tank, but is a case/screen protectors needed?

Thanks for all the help.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I use an Incase Hard Shell, but, that's just me. I believe that most users do not take this option. I also use an iSkin ProTouch Eclipse, which then also requires a cloth in transition. But, once again, I'm in the minority.

Check this out.

3. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Congrats on your new Mac. It's a great computer!

iWork gets the job done quite well. As far as I'm concerned, you probably don't need any other programs for school, per sé. But rather, you might find some small downloadable programs useful, like Flip4Mac and Perian (both are free, and help you watch videos that can sometimes be in strange formats).

It really comes down to personal preference. A protective, snap-on plastic case may help prevent scratches or dents, although by no means is it needed. You may consider getting a sleeve for it, which will help protect it when it's not in use -- like in your bookbag.

4. AnotherFanBoy macrumors regular

Yeh I would advocate getting a sleeve.

Also, try Adium if you are a fan of MSN and the like.

5. Hayduke60 macrumors regular

6. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

7. kinkster macrumors 6502a

Search for "13" MBP color profile" or something similar, you'll definitely notice the improvement. I really don't get why Apple ships their machines with color profiles that everyone seems to dislike.

8. Andrew Henry macrumors 6502a

If you can swing it, I would definitely invest in a Intel X-25 SSD, it is probably the single best upgrade you can make to a computer!

;)

9. TammyWal22 macrumors member