New MBP 13" sound not working/available??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kuklachica, Jul 3, 2009.

1. kuklachica macrumors member

I just bought a 13" MBP, upgraded the HDD and the RAM and everything seems to be working fine except the sound. I can hear the chime just fine when the computer turns on, but when I got to turn the volume up or down, it shows that it is up all the way and has a little "not available" symbol (circle with line through it like a no-smoking sign) and won't let me do anything to the sound. Also, where the sound should be showing in the menu bar, there is nothing. What did I do wrong??? help please!

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Is is connected to an external speaker system?

3. kuklachica thread starter macrumors member

no

In audio midi set up it says "audio input not support/ audio output not supported"

4. kuklachica thread starter macrumors member

I cloned my HDD from my old uniMB, would that make a difference?? Do I need to install new drivers for the sound card that is with the 13" MBP??

UPDATE: I rebooted from the original drive (I have it in an external enclosure and have not erased it yet thankfully!). The sounds works fine. So it seems there is nothing wrong with the hardware, but something msising from the cloning process, like a driver? Does anyone know how I can fix this?