New MBP 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NicTiv, Dec 5, 2012.

  1. NicTiv macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2012
    #1
    Hi all,
    I'm about to buy a new Mac, my first Mac. I'm a student in engineering and i need to install Windows in my future Mac because some of our program only run on Windows platform.
    I want to buy the MBP 13" entry level (because the MBair had an sdd too small) approximately in January after my university degree.
    Do you raccommend to buy it in January or wait the new version?

    I've already read the buyer's guide but i prefer to talk about my doubt with some expert.

    I'm so sorry for my english but i'm italian and i don't know very well english grammar :( i'll hope you can forgive me :)
     
  2. andy.barron macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2006
    Location:
    Bedford, England
  3. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

    Krazy Bill

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2011
    #3
    If you need it in January, buy it then - otherwise wait until you need it?

    No charge. :D
     
  4. NicTiv thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2012
    #4
    Sorry,
    I'll need an advice... it's a good choice if i buy a new MBP 13" (mid 2012) in January? Or is better if i'll wait until the new release of MBP?
     
  5. andy.barron macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2006
    Location:
    Bedford, England
    #5
    There will never be a 'best time' to buy other than when you 'need'.

    Get what you require when you 'want' it & never look back.........


    If you wait, there will always be an upgrade around the corner & it will never be worth the time you did without.

    In a nutshell, if you need/want it now... (you know the rest:))
     
  6. NicTiv thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2012
    #6
    You're right! Probably this is the best advice! :)

    Thank you very much!
     
  7. NewishMacGuy macrumors 6502a

    NewishMacGuy

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2007
    #7
    One thing to note is that there's at least some probability that the cMBP line doesn't make it to the next iteration and that the MBP line up will be all retina, with the high end MBA serving as the "pro-sumer" line.
     
  8. WillFisher macrumors 6502

    WillFisher

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2011
    #8
    If it does what you need in January, then get it.
    The only difference will probably be a small spec bump. nothing fascinating worth waiting for.
     
  9. Adamantoise macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2011
    #9
    Honestly, Haswell isn't going to bring the significant upgrades but that Ivy Bridge did (HD4000, USB 3.0).

    I mean, unless clock speed and TDP is a big deal to you, I don't really see the advantage of Haswell just yet (is it bringing a new IGP?)
     
  10. NewishMacGuy macrumors 6502a

    NewishMacGuy

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2007
    #10
    Yes, it is. And It's rumored to be much better.
     

Share This Page