New MBP 15" 2.8 Unibody (SD) Graphics issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by joshwest, Jul 19, 2009.

1. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest

Hey Guy's just got a new MacBook Pro 2.8 it run's great only one problem i can't find where to dial back the graphics card. My battery meter is reading 2 Hour's and i know that's not true.. I'm thinking that the graphics is on on the GeForce 9600m + 9400m mode. But i cant seem to find where to cut it off. I had a 2.53 and it was in the energy savings preferences under system preferences but for some reason it isn't there anymore. Can anyone help me out?

Also i just realized the sound on the machine isnt working, i did migration assistant maybe something with the transfer from my old 2.53 unibody messed up going to the new one. (even though it shouldnt) anyone else have similar problem?

2. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

You might have to do a fresh install and manually transfer files over because it seems your OS installation is somewhat corrupt. Try a restart, PRAM reset & SMC reset first and see if those help. If not, download OS X 10.5.7 Combo update from Apple support and install it to see if that helps. If not, then you'll have to do a reinstall

3. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

what do you mean by this? cause as far as i know you can only run one at a time.:confused:

4. joshwest thread starter macrumors 65816

joshwest

I'm sorry my bad you can only run one at a time just, one of my problems on my machine the video card option isnt showing , and my battery is only getting 2 hours which this computer shouldn't on either setting.

I tried resetting the pram now it didnt fix anything im just going to do a time machine backup and do a clean install