New MBP 15" and AppleCare Protection

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cmckechnie, Mar 23, 2011.

1. cmckechnie macrumors newbie

Hey all, just a quick question.

I recently received my new MBP 15" that I ordered with AppleCare. Thing is, I didn't get an AppleCare box (that I believe I remember getting separately the last time I bought my 2008 Mac Pro). I've checked on my online Apple acct. and it correctly lists my new MBP as being supported until March 2014. I'm just curious if I should be concerned about not getting a separate AppleCare box shipped to me and wonder why I did with my Mac Pro.

Thanks.
    cory

2. mat1110 macrumors newbie

they normally pre register it for you before it sent and just send you the documents. They give you a serial number and that if you don't buy it at the same time as the mac. So if it says on the apple website its resisted for few years then i wouldn't worry

3. cmckechnie thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I remember getting my ID# for my Mac Pro (still stuck on my monitor) but I guess the first time I need it on this MBP they'll just give it to me. As I say, I'm not too worried as it is correctly registered online, just curious as to why I didn't get the box this time.
    Thanks,
    cory

4. xdbuix macrumors 6502

From what ive been reading, Apple is looking to move away from boxes and have everything online. I'm not surprised the box didn't come. :rolleyes:

5. cmckechnie thread starter macrumors newbie

OK perfect, when I was checking shipping it said Complete for the AppleCare, but it never had a Shipped tag, hence I was hoping that I didn't need to worry about it.
    Thanks,
    Cory

6. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

Enrollment is automatic if bought with the machine.

7. HBOC macrumors 68020

did you buy it from Apple? If so, don't worry about it, just keep your receipt just in case