Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmckechnie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
Hey all, just a quick question.

I recently received my new MBP 15" that I ordered with AppleCare. Thing is, I didn't get an AppleCare box (that I believe I remember getting separately the last time I bought my 2008 Mac Pro). I've checked on my online Apple acct. and it correctly lists my new MBP as being supported until March 2014. I'm just curious if I should be concerned about not getting a separate AppleCare box shipped to me and wonder why I did with my Mac Pro.

Thanks.
cory

mat1110

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2011
they normally pre register it for you before it sent and just send you the documents. They give you a serial number and that if you don't buy it at the same time as the mac. So if it says on the apple website its resisted for few years then i wouldn't worry

cmckechnie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
Yeah, I remember getting my ID# for my Mac Pro (still stuck on my monitor) but I guess the first time I need it on this MBP they'll just give it to me. As I say, I'm not too worried as it is correctly registered online, just curious as to why I didn't get the box this time.
Thanks,
cory

xdbuix

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
Virginia
From what ive been reading, Apple is looking to move away from boxes and have everything online. I'm not surprised the box didn't come. :rolleyes:

cmckechnie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
OK perfect, when I was checking shipping it said Complete for the AppleCare, but it never had a Shipped tag, hence I was hoping that I didn't need to worry about it.
Thanks,
Cory

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
did you buy it from Apple? If so, don't worry about it, just keep your receipt just in case

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.