New MBP 15" battery life?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by arunim, Jan 14, 2010.

1. arunim macrumors member

Just wanted to know what is the typical full charge capacity for a brand new MBP 15" (mid 2009).

Mine says: 6433mAh

is this ok? or a bit low for a brand new MBP?

I got my computer replaced last week, and I feel that the battery life on this one is slightly less than the previous one. Maybe i'm just being paranoid.

2. jpma macrumors 6502

mine is 6821,
    haven't reallly calibrate yet.

how you calibrate yours?

3. arunim thread starter macrumors member

I havent calibrated mine so far. I'm doing it right now.
    But i did not calibrate the other computers battery either...

4. Csmitte macrumors 6502

Csmitte

5. Jez27 macrumors member

I've got a refurbished 15" MBP that arrived on Dec. 1st. Since then, according to the "Battery Health Monitor" app, I've had 56 charge cycles (sometimes two a day, evidently) and the current capacity is 102% - 6628mAh. Original capacity of 6500mAh.

Calibrated a couple of times. I seem to remember, before I calibrated the first time, it was a bit lower than I thought. After you've calibrated, I'd imagine it'll be around the 6500mAh mark.

I'm more worried about the fact that it says I've apparently used up 14% of my charge cycles already despite having a higher-than-normal capacity when fully-charged! :eek: Might calibrate it again overnight.

6. arunim thread starter macrumors member

hmm I just finished calibrating my computer.. and the charge acutally went down..
    Here are the details:
    Full charge capacity (mAh): 6411
    Health Information:
    Cycle count: 4
    Condition: Normal
    Battery Installed: Yes
    Amperage (mA): 1691
    Voltage (mV): 12549

maybe I should take it back and get my battery replaced.. afterall my computer is only a few days old..