new mbp 15 Ram

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by patrickng89, May 7, 2010.

1. patrickng89 macrumors member

Hi there,

Just bought a new mbp a week ago(my first mac) and am rather enjoying it.

Just got a few ram issues to ask around. I have bootcamp and vmfusion installed on the mbp and allocated 1gb ram to windows.

When im on the osx natively and starts playing games(heroes of newerth is anyone knows about it) my mbp starts slowing down ALOT. I checked activity monitor and the games takes up 2gb of ram which leave me with 30mb of free ram left. 1gb of the ram is inactive i assume that thats because its been allocated for windows.

Whats the best way for these situations as i get a lot of beachballs while using safari and playing games. If i were to change the rams what kind of rams does the mbp uses and what brand do u guys recommend.

Thanks

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

3. patrickng89 thread starter macrumors member

i was playing the game on os x and safari was running really slow with loads of beachballs

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Was that one time experience or does it happen all the time? There is bug in OS X that doesn't free up inactive RAM causing apps to use HD instead and that causes beachballing so 8GB might be

5. patrickng89 thread starter macrumors member

it started happening a few days back. I've had the mbp for a week now. the mbp also has like almost 1gb of wired memory which i dont know what does it mean lol

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Wired is RAM used by OS(s), I think. More RAM should help you as the lack of it is causing it (due the bug in OS X)