New MBP 17 i7 AirPort Reset?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RaZaK, Apr 21, 2010.

1. RaZaK macrumors regular

RaZaK

My network connection sometimes stops working, and i have to turn AirPort off and on to resume Internet connectivity.

Has anyone else experienced this? I did install all the latest software updates.

2. DrVenture macrumors newbie

Some more information would be helpful here.

1. What kind of wireless router are you using? (Make. Model. Revision number and FCCID)

2. What kind of wireless security are you using?

3. When you say your MacBook looses connection, do you mean the AirPort bars (upper right hand corner in the menu bar) go grey or do they stay black but you cannot get out to the Internet?

4. Here is an interesting test to try, open two terminals on your Mac. In terminal 1, start pinging an Internet address (like www.google.com). In your second terminal, ping your wireless router.

Next time you get a drop look at the pings. If both pings die, then you will have to check your wireless connectivity, If just the Internet ping dies (terminal 1) then your wireless connection is still up and you might be having another issue.

3. mbpjohnson macrumors member

Yes I have the same computer and same problem. I went back to the apple store today and sat outside and played for a couple hours and never dropped once on their connection. I bought a new apple router airport extreme we will see how that works. I have read quite a few reports of the same issue seems they don,t get along good with some routers. Just for info I have a 2wire router that seems to randomly drop off every 20 or 30 mins.

Phil