new MBP 2010 bug: cursor disappears

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xaquaticx, May 19, 2010.

1. xaquaticx macrumors regular

Hi all, I have noticed another weird MBP 2010 bug. I have the 15" i5. The cursor disappears for a few minutes sometimes. I haven't noticed what card is on and I've been doing just random stuff. I mouse around and click around and after a few minutes it comes back. The keyboard responds normally. Everything else is normal. The cursor just completely takes a vacation for a few minutes. The really weird thing is, is I've seen this several times in Windows XP SP3 in Boot Camp as well! Maybe it's the crap NVIDIA driver. Anyone else seen this?

2. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

The only time this has happened to me is occasionally if I let the computer sleep with a USB mouse plugged in, and then on wake up, the cursor is there but invisible. I don't remember how I fixed it, but it has something to do with the presence of a mouse.

3. toyotronic macrumors newbie

It happens quite often here, when the gfx-card switches to NVIDIA, I also still have the problem of the whole computer freezing, also when the it switches gfx-card. Very annoying, had the logic board replaced three times.

4. ZenErik macrumors 6502

I have had this happen a few times when my MBP wakes up from sleep. I usually just close the lid, reopen, and then it is fine.