New MBP 2011 issues.... ugh.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WillEH, Mar 9, 2011.

1. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

Bought the new MBP laptop 2 days ago from Apple store. Cost me £2000.00 (worth it!)

But I'm having worrying issues with it. It's got a 2.2 ghz, i7, 8gb ram. Yet it seems to freeze with just 2 applications open (!!!).. also the wifi is terrible.. a page takes a good 30-60 seconds to load. On my other laptops (Acer) it takes seconds... same with my iPhone.. So why is my MBP being slow?

Thanks..

2. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

Did this just start happening or has it been like this for the past day or so? To me, it's not even worth trying to troubleshoot. It should be fast as hell, so if it's giving you problems now ... just go to an Apple Store and get a replacement ASAP.

Main reason I can think it's slow, maybe the HDD is failing. Yes, it's a new MBP but it can happen.

3. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Unplug your router, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in and reconnect all of your devices.

4. WillEH thread starter macrumors 6502a

WillEH

I downloaded Google Chrome and it's now 10x faster! So must be something to do with Safari..

I will look further in to the slowness of my mac =)

5. cvs macrumors member

cvs

Hi. Is it the actual modem/router that needs disconnecting or the MBP wifi adapter? Is this a workaround for this specific problem? I remember people mentioning similar things in other threads...

I am waiting for my new MBP 15" and really hope that I would not have to do any router disconnections. I can do it at home fine, but the laptop is supposed to work at meetings, etc., I wouldn't be able to ask any meetings hosts to reboot their routers for my MBP to connect.

Or is it an one-off procedure?