new mbp and dead pixels already

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tom Foolery, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Tom Foolery macrumors regular

i just got my mbp a couple weeks ago and already there are 3 or 4 dead pixels what should i do. should i have apple fix it or what. also what can i do in the future to keep the pixels from dying.
    thanks

2. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Ouch. I would be emotionally distraught if I were in your position. I know Apple requires so many be dead before they will repair it but given it's only a few weeks old and there are that many dead they may replace your screen. I would definitely look into it if I were you.

3. Jian001 Guest

I'm in the same boat except mine was a repaired screen. I'm meeting an Apple authorized technician to take a look at it and hopefully diagnose a repair.

If he says, 'It's within specs'.. all Hell will break loose and I will complain fervently directly to Apple. (Considering they repaired my screen and then it decided to pop up with a few dead pixels)

4. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

What is Apple's position on dead pixels? I've got a particularly annoying one at the top of my screen

5. Tom Foolery thread starter macrumors regular

i called apple and they told me that a certian percetage of pixels had to be dead for anything to happen

bullsh*t

6. ethernet76 macrumors 6502a

7. ivan1234 macrumors regular

dead pixels are a pretty normal for lcd panels. you get used it soon enough. if it really bothers you however, you can return it and buy a new one.

8. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

It's not ********. Most manufacturers have this pixel policy and it's actually an ISO-standard for LCD displays. Some companies are simply better dealing with it. For instance if the pixels are in a cluster in the middle of the screen they might exchange it for you. Where are they located and what color are they?

Also, pixels usually do not 'die' after the display has been manufactured, it's all a part of shipping or bad quality. You don't have to take part in preventing the pixels from dying.

9. dual64bit macrumors 6502

I remember doing warranty work for Gateway years ago, their acceptable limit was 5 dead pixels. Anymore and the LCD panel was approved for replacement.