New MBP and loving it, but i'm having some issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ZMRoach, Dec 19, 2007.

1. ZMRoach macrumors regular

ZMRoach

alright so my 15" MBP came in on monday and i'm in love with it with the exception of 3 really annoying issues i've been having.

1. i'm getting the missing first key problem a lot
    2. sometimes it doesn't actually wake up from sleep
    3. when it does wake from sleep it has an extremely sporadic mouse occasionally, and that always warrants a restart to solve

i brought it in to the store today and they were unable to find any problems with it. then as soon as i get home the problems started showing up again.

i'm on the verge of installing leopard from scratch to see if that will work. but i'd rather not if this won't help alleviate my problems. anyone else with similar experiences have a solution?

2. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Try repairing permissions?

3. jakk2809 macrumors member

I have the exact same problems as you. This usually happens when I'm using only battery power. It rarely comes up when I am plugged in.

I am having problems ejecting flash drives and external HDs. It usually takes 10-15 seconds to eject. In Tiger it took less than a second. I don't know what's going on but I'm accepting this because Leopard is new.

4. paul.b.davis macrumors 6502

paul.b.davis

I have had the first key non-response since Tiger, on my Powerbbok though... so I do not think that is a Leopard porblem

As for the other two problems, I have them too and I did a clean install of Leopard (on my MBP) so I do not think reinstalling Leopard will help.. Only an update can fix those problems I think

5. ZMRoach thread starter macrumors regular

ZMRoach

regretfully that didnt help.

but i think i may have isolated the issue with the two waking from sleep problem. i think it has something to do with dashboard. i tested my hypothesis 3 times and 2 of the three it didn't wake up and the other time i had the sporadic mouse. maybe if someone else could try restarting their mac then only running dashboard then putting it to sleep immediately after that and see if you come to the same conclusion.

6. ZMRoach thread starter macrumors regular

ZMRoach

so i have a progress report.

it was related to dashboard but specifically with the istat widget. i have deleted it and have not had a single wake from sleep problem since.

so i just thought i'd put that out there.