New MBP at Bestbuy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Apollo7011, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Apollo7011 macrumors member

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Doubtful. It'll probably take at least a couple of days. Call and see.

3. mpsruo macrumors member

Hello,

my roomate is the warehouse manager of my local BB. He told me that new laptops do NOT come in on the normal truck, instead normally arrive by UPS. Although they have the new SKU's, they're not sure if they're getting it today (they doubt it).

He'll let me know 100% when UPS is in and I'll post here. Don't believe me? I don't care : ) I've worked for best buy (see my other posts) and I go into stores to check RSS (Best buy's inventory management system) often

4. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

I'm also interested in knowing this. I want to buy a new mbp from best buy and I have no idea how long it will be before they get them in stock. Anyone with prior experience have a good answer for this?

5. felixthea macrumors newbie

^ Same here.. I have some gift cards burning a hole in my pocket!

6. dylanpd9121 macrumors newbie

They came in yesterday (4-13) via FedEx. I'm the inventory supervisor there...

7. markp9114 macrumors member

My bestbuy doesnt have one of the apple stores inside, just a normal one. But, when i was there yesterday, the employees were in the process of putting a new MBP out on the table and attatching security alarms and whatnot to it. Didn't ask anyone about it, but I'm assuming it was the new updated one

8. Crux14 macrumors newbie

Looking for a 13", I contacted 4 of the 6 BBs in the Atlanta area:

Store 1 - 15" and 17", no 13"

Store 2 - 15" and 17", no 13"

Store 3 - No new MBPs

Store 4 - 13", 15", and 17" (obviously I didn't need to call the last two stores)

I imagine these will be trickling in all week, but if you're in a major city, I bet you can find one today with a few calls. Good luck! :D

9. felixthea macrumors newbie

I live out in Queens. Called a bunch of locations yesterday (okay only 4) and none of them had any new MBPs. I work in Midtown Manhattan so hopefully the one in Midtown has it! I'll report back if anyone cares :)

10. felixthea macrumors newbie

The one in Midtown has 15" ones in and they said they'll have 13" ones in next week.

11. jayneo74 macrumors newbie

None in NNJ

I went to or called a few Best Buys in NNJ and none of them had any stock. This was about 1 PM yesterday. (Bridgewater, West Paterson, East Hanover, Rockaway all had none). I've got some BB gift cards I need to use up otherwise I would have ordered through Apple already.

12. felixthea macrumors newbie

C'mon Best Buy! The iPad hype is over! Focus on getting us some MBPs!

13. lcs101 macrumors regular

It's not Best Buy's decision. It is Apple's. They do not like to release their computers to Best Buy right away.

14. dylanpd9121 macrumors newbie

ours came in via FedEx from a warehouse in Tennessee the morning of the i5 and i7 launch.

15. bugout macrumors 6502a

My Local best buy (Middletown, NY) had all the new models in stock yesterday.

16. jayneo74 macrumors newbie

I went again to Bridgewater NJ at lunch time and asked an employee when they will be getting them in and for a 3rd day in a row I got a really nasty response back from them.

I'm going to still get it from Best Buy just because of my gift cards but from a different one, not the one in Bridgewater. I went and looked at them in the Apple store in the mall and I really didn't like the Anti-glare screen on the 17" model but they did not have the High Res option on the 15" model not that it would be an option at Best Buy. I just wanted to see for myself what I would be missing.

17. tkingart macrumors 6502

tkingart

My brother and I just had a really bad experience at Best Buy. The "Customer Solutions Manager" was confrontational and rude. When I mentioned I had received a discount (offered by a manager there, which I didn't even ask for), he basically implied I was a liar, because that just doesn't happen. I had the receipt to prove it. After that, they wouldn't sell him the Samsung laptop they had in unless he paid an additional $100 over sticker price for some service they did on it (which he didn't ask for), which was clean bloatware off and installed one of those 90 day courtesy anti-virus programs. He just wanted the laptop as-is, nothing "extra" forced on him like that.

Do yourself a favor, buy it at an Apple store, or at MacMall.

18. Brianmj macrumors newbie

The Best Buy mega store at Union Square (NYC) has them. The price labels on the desk list them as the late 2009 models, but if you go to "About this Mac" you'll see it's the 2010 model.

19. felixthea macrumors newbie

I hope you're right! going there today!

20. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

The northern Utah Best Buy has them in stock.

21. old-wiz macrumors G3

Wonder if BB will try to sell you the "optimization" for a Mac?

22. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

went there today. they had 15" and 17" here in lincoln, nebraska.

23. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Scott6666

24. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Scott6666

And the answer as of today is no.

No antiglare in Tenleytown, DC BB. Asked if they would be getting them. Employee said they thought so but did not know when. Not to disparage but it seemed like that was based on no info whatsoever.

25. robby818 macrumors 6502a

The display MBPs at the Los Feliz CA BB are all the new ones...i5 15" and new 13". I did not ask about inventory.