New MBP Availability in Apple Stores?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thesoviet, Oct 18, 2008.

1. thesoviet macrumors newbie

Hi, I was interesting in buying the new Macbook Pros (MY FIRST MAC, W00T!), but I was wondering what was the general consensus on their availability at the actual apple stores? I figure since I live in Southern CA then I have access to the Apple stores as opposed to buying it online, but do you think they'll be sold out or anything? Thanks for any help!

2. TFMTASAD macrumors regular

Just call them and ask.

I went to the apple store (Apple Store Laval near Montreal) today but couldn't pick one up. The MBP were all sold out. They only had the 2.0ghz MB in stock. They told me they were getting new ones everyday so I should be able to get my hands on one before long.

It really seems like this rev will be a LOVE/HATE affair. People were all over the new MB/MBPs and all I heard was either "It's ugly!/WTF no FW400" or "I WANT ONE NOW!"

3. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

all three of my local Apple stores have them in stock. the one Apple person told me they aren't flying off the shelves like the ones in the past. hmmmmmm, kinda makes ya wonder ehh?

on a side note. I was already on the fence whether I should buy a new MBP and sell my current one. so I decided what the heck, I'll go for it. so I called one of my local Apple stores (Altamonte Mall, FL) and I talked to some clown by the name of Jason. I asked him once if they had the 2.8 15" MBP in stock. he said yes, they have all three 15" MBP laptops in stock. I asked him a second time if he was sure that they had the 2.8 15" model in stock and that's when he acted like I was bothering him by asking him the same question twice.

so I drive almost an hour down there and what do you know? they don't have any 2.8 15" models in stock. the one Apple sales rep I talked to said they normally don't carry the 2.8 model in stock. I then asked for Jason who told me they did have them in stock. I was then told that Jason was already gone for the evening. unfreaking believable..... I wasted two hours of my life all because some moron doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. :rolleyes:

oh well, I'm taking this as a sign that me getting a newer MBP isn't meant to be. this will make me appreciate my current MBP all the more and my wallet will be most greatful as well.

4. akashhhhh macrumors member

5. akashhhhh macrumors member

I was just at Southcoast Plaza, I had to have my 2.53 unit replaced because the iSight was broken, they were able to replace it right away and swap the hdd. Also, I overheard them talking and they said they have "tons" of them in back. Good luck!

6. mnemons macrumors newbie

I bought new MBP at the Apple Store in Christiana Mall, DE two days after announcement.
    I was also worried about the store might not have new models in stock. Therefore, I went to Apple Store website, made a reservation for Personal Shopping Assistance, and wrote a short note to confirm that there will be MBP in stock.
    The morning of the appointed date, I received an email from Apple Store confirming that they do have MBP in stock.

7. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

The GF got her MacBook at Brea Mall and they had tons of both MB and MBP as well.

8. droopysignal macrumors newbie

I could not wait!

I ordered the stock 2.53GHZ pre-ordered through Best Buy and it is due to arrive between October 22–30. Best Buy offers Reward Zone card offers a low interest rate and no interest for 12 months (given you pay the full balance within that time period). Thought about buying at the Apple Store, but the interest rate through Apple is 19%! :eek: I could have gotten the student discount...

9. shoppy macrumors 6502a

I rand all the apple store yesterday looking for anew MBP, all sold up whilst on the phone asking about the new 2.53. In the end I manageed to get a new MBP, ipod, printer and apple care and ipod arm band for £1310.86 after rebate:D

10. shoppy macrumors 6502a

I got a base 2.4, I am not bothered about the specs I change my machines a lot.

11. thesoviet thread starter macrumors newbie

I was wondering if you are able to get a student discount at the apple stores (or certified apple resellers)? also how much of a student discount can you get for the new MBPs? will the 1999.99 version drop to 1899 or 1799?

12. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

look online, search the forums, the discount is only $100. If you go to the store show them a student ID you get the discount, simple as that.

13. thesoviet thread starter macrumors newbie

sick that's awesome. thanks a lot man.

14. mnemons macrumors newbie

The price would be $1899 for new MBP (basic model) after applying education discount. You have to show your student/faculty ID. The employee even asked for my Driver's License and he input my DL number in his PDA to check whether I am qualified. (I assume he's checking whether I have purchased another Mac product within a year.)

15. surfermsd macrumors newbie

I was just down at the Apple Store in San Luis Obispo and they had the 15" Pro in stock. Did not ask them about anything else.